Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Turning that frown upside down

Today is a little bit of a bummer day. I've been thinking about my family a lot and wish I could be with them. There are quite a few family reunions that are going on and I'm sad I don't get to see some of my cousins. There were 6 new babies born on the McMillan side in the past year, it would have been fun to have us all get our babes together. However, we have been here in Everett for about six weeks and while a couple things have been hard it has also been super fun! I've loved just moving away from my "normal" life and diving into this little adventure away from most things familiar. Life truly is different outside of Utah. There is such a "Utah Culture" that you don't really get anywhere else. Not always a bad thing, but definitely noticeable! I have come to realize just how blessed we were to live in a student ward in Cedar City. The ward here is super friendly and quite big, but there is NOBODY our age. There are some young families but by "young families" I mean already have kids in Jr. High. So my best friend in that ward is Thelma, the 80 year lady that sits by me every week and tells me how cute my baby is (which is clearly why we are best friends :) Therefore, not really connecting with anyone in our ward leads for some pretty lonely days. What I wouldn't give for a girls night out. I will never take having "girl-friends" for granted again! It also doesn't help that it's been raining ever since we got here. There has literally been 4 days of sun. So it just makes it all that much more depressing when I look on facebook and see my friends hanging out with their little ones at the pool while getting a tan. The last thing that has made it a little hard has been the dreaded baby weight. I started to get super motivated to lose all this baby weight especially since Winston LOVED riding in his stroller. I started to jog everyday with him and then I'd finish off with some yoga. Then when Miles got home from work we would all go on a walk or I would go to the gym. I was feeling SO great! I was so sick during the whole pregnancy that I didn't do any exercising. So I was feeling awesome! But I started to notice my milk decreasing. UGH! So I slowed down on the cardio and upped the water, but it was still decreasing. I upped my water in take even more and still...nothing. So for a couple of days I took it super easy and drank tons of water and I was able to get my milk back. It was kind of a scare. The thought of not having enough milk for Winn freaked me out. But now I'm feeling kind of discouraged that I can't work out as much as I wanted to. And I'm not losing any weight :( So, now that I've got that all off my chest and having put all the negative energy out in the air here are a few of my favorite things to be grateful for...

A very happy and healthy baby

That Miles is loving his internship and doing SO well at it

Miles gets home at 3:00 everyday, so I still feel like we can do fun things every day together

My ubber cute apartment

The gospel is the same no matter where I go in the world

The reason Seattle is so beautiful is because it rains so much, so I guess I'm grateful for the rain

I love living so close to downtown Seattle!

The racquetball court, swimming pool, and gym at our apt complex

The lake across the street

My new bedspread that I got for my anniversary (still working on getting more pillows)

No comments:

Post a Comment