Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Winston Miles Wells

Winston Miles Wells joined our family on March 10th at 11:20am at a whopping 8 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. He is absolutely perfect in every way and I'm SO in love! Now you may be wondering about the name...? I know the first thought that probably comes to your head is "Winston Churchill?" Well, although it's not a bad thing to be named after him, that isn't exactly what we had in mind. Winn is a family name on both sides! It is my Grandma LeNae's maiden name and my little brothers middle name, and Miles' Grandmothers nickname (Winifred.) We LOVE the name Winn and that's what we've been calling him, HOWEVER, with a one syllable last name, I wanted a two syllable first name...hence...Winston! I also think that the first boy should be named after his father, and "Miles" is a good strong name anyway!


The Experience...(Readers Discretion Advised) haha

A couple of people have been asking me about the experience and while I'm still slightly traumatized...here it is. I was scheduled to be induced at midnight on Thursday morning. I got there and was only measuring a 1+ (for those who don't know what that means...lets just say you have to be a 10 before you can push the baby out). So they gave me a pill to get me started and Miles and I slept until 8 the next morning. By that time contractions were starting to get really painful. My mid-wife, Laurie, came in at about 9:30 and I only progressed to a 2...no good. It was going to be a long day, but in my mind I was going to get an epidural, so it was ok! (Little did I know dot dot dot) So, she stripped my membranes and broke my water and turned my world upside down. Not a moment passed before the contractions were almost unbearable. They were coming every two minuets and the intensity was INSANE. I was NOT mentally prepared for pain that quick and intense! So they tried to get me in a tub to try to relieve it a little but by this time the contractions were so close I didn't have time to move. 20 min after she broke my water I was a 5! By this time there wasn't a break in between contractions, they were coming one right after another. So they called for the epidural, and boy did he take his sweet time! By the time he got there and put in the epidural in, I was measuring at a 10! Needless to say the epidural did not kick in until AFTER the baby and AFTER the wretched stitches. I will never forget however, the first sight of my baby boy. I just wanted to hold him and never let him go, and protect him from any harm, physically and spiritually. That was also the first time I have ever seen Miles get emotional. What a fabulous new chapter in our lives! What a physically and emotionally draining experience! And yet, I feel better then I have ever felt, happier then I've ever been!

No comments:

Post a Comment